Why Hearing Protection Is So Important
Hearing loss happens for many reasons, one of the most common being exposure to loud noise (noise-induced hearing loss, or NIHL). Repeated exposure to sound levels above 85 decibels (the sound of an idling bulldozer) can cause permanent, irreparable hearing loss. To give you perspective, hearing professionals consider exposure to loud music, either live or through headphones, to be particularly dangerous with sound intensity sometimes reaching 100 to 115 decibels (dB). This is where hearing protection, like earplugs, comes in.
While hearing loss is irreversible, that doesn’t mean it’s not preventable. Knowledge, hearing protection, and prevention can help keep your hearing healthy and you happy!
Custom Hearing Protection Products
For Riders, Rockers, Shooters, and Everyone in Between
NIHL happens in all situations from concerts to recreational sports, from your work environment to your personal life. The best kind of hearing protection plan for you will depend on your lifestyle. There are different styles of hearing protection depending on what you need. We offer protection for:
- Hunters and shooters
- Concert and sporting event enthusiasts
- Listening to music through your personal player
Custom vs. Generic Products
Custom-molded earplugs offer a degree of comfort and sound protection that you will not find in generic earplugs.
Benefits of custom protection:
- A custom mold helps ensure your hearing protection stays in place and offers a secure fit.
- They are designed to retain accurate frequency response, so you’ll hear the full range of sounds — just at a reduced volume.
- You get specific, measurable protection with precision-engineered filters that offer the most natural sound available, clear and unmuffled.
- Custom molded from medical-grade silicone, these plugs can be worn for extended periods of time without discomfort.
- Several models offer replaceable sound filters so that you can select the level of sound protection you need for the situation with 10, 15, 17, 20, 26, or 27 dB sound reduction.
Make an appointment with us to learn how our comfortable, effective hearing protection can not only help safeguard your hearing but can also enhance your auditory experience.