There is no higher priority for Maze Hearing than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (coronavirus) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
Rest assured that we have always had a strong commitment to infection control at our offices. We are also taking additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- At this time, masks are required in our offices for both patients and our staff. If you have a mask, please bring it with you to your appointment. If you need a mask, a disposable option will be available for you. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask safely, please call our office and let us know prior to your appointment.
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms, so we are not accepting walk-ins at this time and are seeing patients by appointment only. We will do our absolute best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible.
- We are proudly offering curbside service available by appointment only. If you are at-risk and can receive service in the comfort of your car, we will gladly see you via curbside service. Call our office to check availability and schedule a curbside visit.
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
Hearing your best is critical to stay connected to the ones you love and to your medical professionals. Please feel free to call with any additional questions. We will do what we can to help you hear your best, even if from a distance.
Bellefontaine – (937) 595-0366
Marysville – (937) 565-4174
Urbana – (937) 887-9010